Starting January 2019, UFC will have a new deal in place with Disney and ESPN. A multi-year media rights contract was signed for exclusive UFC content on ESPN+, as well as a variety of ESPN’s tv, social media, and digital platforms.
This is a first-ever rights and distribution agreement between the two companies and will provide fans with 15 live UFC events which will stream exclusively on ESPN+ — the recently-launched multi-sport, direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service from The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International group. Each event will have 12 bouts and be co-branded between UFC and ESPN+.
“One of our goals for ESPN+ is to bring sports fans of all genres content they love and are passionate about, and this agreement with UFC is illustrative of exactly that, ” said Kevin Mayer, Chairman, Direct to Consumer and International, The Walt Disney Company. “UFC is a premier global sports property with legions of incredibly avid fans,” added Jimmy Pitaro, ESPN President and Co-Chairman, Disney Media Networks. ” We are excited to be able to bring their world-class events and content to ESPN+ and the ESPN networks. This agreement shows the commitment we have to delivering fans the very best across our entire platform.”
— UFC (@ufc) May 8, 2018
Dana White is pumped about the agreement saying., “I couldn’t be more excited to partner with The Walt Disney Company and ESPN on an agreement that will continue to grow our sport… We will now have the ability to deliver fights to our young fan base wherever they are and whenever they want it. This deal is a home run for ESPN and UFC.”
Fans can subscribe to ESPN+ for just $4.99 a month (or $49.99 per year) by downloading the ESPN App at ESPNPlus.com. Subscribers will get the following:
- Exclusive, all new-seasons of “Dana White’s Contender Series” beginning in June 2019
- A new original, all-access series produced by IMG Original Content
- Exclusive pre- and post-event shows for all 15 “UFC on ESPN+ Fight Nights”
- Non-exclusive access to UFC’s full archive of programming, including historic events, classic bouts, and original programming
- Additional UFC-branded content, including “UFC Countdown” shows, press conferences, weigh-ins, and pre-and post-shows